Your new electronic cigarette is not a complex gadget, but with everything new there is forever going to be a learning curve. Here are some tips on the top way to enhance your e smoking experience so you can save both time and money.
Tips for new e cig smokers:
1. Get more batteries and atomizers/cartomizers. These two things will be the most likely to need replacing. A word of advice: It is an excellent plan to make sure you like your e cigarette model before you buy all the additional add-ons and replacement parts. Once you know you’ve chosen the correct model and you are content with it, get the extra parts… you’ll certainly get good value out of them!
2. Get a USB and car charger. These devices will allow you to “vape” while cruising or while working on your computer without draining the battery on your electronic cigarette. Again, make sure you are content with your model before buying the add-ons.
3. Start with a low dose of nicotine. E cig cartridges normally come in at least 3 or more doses: High level (equivalent to an unfiltered regular cigarette), medium level (equivalent to a regular cigarette), low level (equivalent to light cigarette), and none (I think you can figure this one out 🙂 ). When you first receive your e-cig you might feel like experimenting with it right away, trying different doses and flavors (chocolate is a favorite of vapors). If you are not careful you will end up taking more nicotine than you usually get from your regular cigarette… and potentially increase your need for nicotine. Starting off with a lower level, and increasing the level once you get used to smoking straight nicotine is a smart thing to do. Also, electronic cigarettes don’t contain all the chemicals in traditional cigarettes so you may also go through a short period where you feel sick. This is normal as your body is adjusting to not having all the chemicals in your body from your traditional cigarettes. Most people who experience these symptoms say it feels like you have a sore throat and a slight cold. But these symptoms will wear off quickly once your body is used to not having all the additional chemicals in your body. Probably a good thing but we aren’t doctors.
4. Take extended but slow drags. An extended, slow, balanced puff will give the best vapor capacity. Slow, solid puffs will tend to overflow the atomizer producing less vapor (It’s also possible to get liquid nicotine in your mouth. Not a great taste as you will find out if this happens to you).
5. Switch atomizers/cartomizers often. Atomizers and cartomizers tend to get stopped up if you don’t use your ecig properly. When this occurs the amount of vapor is significantly reduced. Change the atomizer/cartomizer every day or when you notice the smoke volume decrease for best performance, and always try to sanitize often. (This is really only applicable to the three-piece designed electronic cigarettes where an atomizer is completely separate piece. There are more up to date two-part designs that have the atomizer and cartridge combined and is typically called cartomizers).
Follow the simple tips in this article, and you’ll be ahead of the game. Hopefully these tips will help you enjoy the electronic cigarette you choose so you are completely satisfied with your experience. If you’re unsure about which E-cigarette is right for you please check out some of our reviews on the different electronic cigarette brands. We only choose the top brands and provide written as well as video reviews to help you decide which brand is right for you.
Good luck with choosing the right e cigarette for you. We hope these tips will help you have a better experience with your new e cigarette!